Nikki Brandyberry's Reviews > Deadly Fear

Deadly Fear by Cynthia Eden

Nov 13, 2010

Read in November, 2010

WOW. That’s all I have to say…..really you need more? Ok. Fine. This book is awesome! From the first word to the last sentence. I was on the edge of my seat in suspense. My heart beating rapidly in my chest with every page turn.

Monica Davenport is a kick ASS heroine who has been to hell and back….and lived to tell about it. Taken by a serial killer when she was a teenager but the only one to survive him has hardened her. To survive she had to become what he wanted. When the terror ended and she got away, his reign over her didn’t leave with him. Monica strives to beat back the darkness inside of her by becoming a FBI agent who specializes in profiling those like her captor…serial killers. Being the member of an elite task force within the FBI gives her the opportunity to take down the most evil of criminals.

Luke Dante is the only person she has ever let even part way into her world. Fearing rejection she runs from him only to have him show up on her team of agents ten years later. Together they are sent to investigate a serial killer who is using peoples deepest darkest fears against them.

Luke wants Monica like no other woman he has ever known. Getting her to let him into her world….and her secrets…is one job he will gladly take. When the serial killer starts targeting them, they must work together…or let their own fears kill them.

Love this book so much! The twists. The turns. The sex, YUMMY. Monica and Luke jump right off the page at you. The way Luke quietly breaks down Monica’s walls is just so heartfelt…so right. Luke is the total package. Smart, funny, sexy and he will kill anyone that lays a hand on his woman. Even if she is quite capable of taking care of herself.

The rest of the characters are well wrote and play a integral part to the plot of the book. Kenton and Samantha will each get their own books in the following installments.

I will admit though that I locked my back door a little earlier then I normally do last night when I was reading. Vampires, werewolves and demons may go bump in the night…but that aren’t real. Serial killers are very real. And very scary. The thought of someone using my worst fears against me…I shudder every time. I won’t even tell you my fears, never know who is reading now do we?
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Fear.