♥ Sarah ♥'s Reviews > Reason Enough

Reason Enough by Megan Hart

2641924
Mar 20, 11

bookshelves: ebooks, erotica, shorts-novellas, genre-contemporary-romance
Read on March 20, 2011

This is a very short story that gives us an update on the two main characters, Elle and Dan, from the book Dirty. The end of Dirty for Elle and Dan had kind of a "happy for now" sort of feel. So although we were happy for them, it was more of a realistic ending, as opposed to them being blissfully happy and never foreseeing any problems. Then in the book Broken, we get a glimpse at Elle in therapy. Although the book isn't about them, we get some updates on their relationship and how it's going. Now, in this short story, their relationship comes full circle and we finally get their "happily ever after" -- well as HEA as Megan Hart will allow for. :)

Now, it's very short and I wouldn't recommend it to someone who hasn't already read Dirty, and preferably Broken as well. I probably wouldn't have appreciated it as much, and I might not have even liked it if I hadn't read those first. But, in this story, Elle and Dan are married now and contemplating having children. Elle is dealing with her past still, trying to finally overcome some of her hangups and coming to terms with where her life and her and Dan's relationship is as the moment. What I like about this story, and Megan Hart's writing in general, is the realistic side of it. In so many romance novels these days people don't seem to think about the repercussions or the responsibility involved in the decisions to marry and have children. But in this story, Elle is level-headed and thinks about things before jumping into them. I like that. It's real and I appreciate that.

The story doesn't reveal anything crazy and it's probably not even necessary to read, but it's a nice little update, and at just 33 pages (ebook style), it's worth the read. On a side note, the next book, Stranger is about Dan's brother, Sam.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Reason Enough.

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura Nice review. Stanger is so good!!

♥ Sarah ♥ Yeah, I can't wait! I have it on hold at my library, but there's only one copy so it might be awhile. :)

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura It'll definitely be worth the wait Sarah!