Cassie 's Reviews > Blood And Flowers

Blood And Flowers by Penny Blubaugh

Nov 13, 10

Let me start with saying I have never read a book where the cover so accurately described the writing style. Not the topic or anything, because obviously a cover should go with that, but the way the author describes the events, characters, and setting. This cover would attract me from across the store. Something with the vibrant colors and the overall just oddness of it. And the book is very much like it. Blubaugh writing style is very unique and kind of difficult to explain. All I know is that I loved it. She used these lists to explain things in a tastefully efficient way. And the ending of this one is worth it so stick it through.

I cannot even begin to describe the weirdness of this book. This really is about puppets. And I mean the whole book. While this weirdness is not a bad thing, it is something to be weary of. Just don’t expect a novel with action and adventure. Expect puppets, crazy faeries, and gay men. But enjoy this one because it is worth your time and I think most people will enjoy the weirdness.

For the rest of this review and others like it visit http://goodbaduglyreviews.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood And Flowers.