Cassandra's Reviews > Heavenly

Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens

Nov 12, 2010

I received this book for review from the lovely and generous Jennifer Laurens who is an indie author. I was first introduced to Jennifer’s work by Tynga who mentioned Jennifer on her blog. I started looking into Jennifer’s work, reading reviews and I just had to get my hands on a copy of Heavenly. I was lucky enough to win one in Jennifer Blogger contests.

Jennifer puts so much emotion into the book that we feel exactly how Zoë and Luke feel with the stress of having an autistic sister. My heart went out to Abria who is their autistic sister. Abria is such a sweet little girl that loves to flap her arms, everytime Zoë mention was Abria was doing I giggled to myself. Thinking about how cute my BF’s niece and nephew and my friends little man are and the wacky things they do. Zoë and Luke both feel like they have become 2nd best in their parent’s eyes and resent Abria for it because she requires attention 24/7 so she doesn’t hurt herself.

I could relate to Zoë in the fact that we both have younger sisters that are more than 5 years younger than us. Matthias shows Zoë that there is more to life and gives her a 2nd chance to make her life better.

The ending shocked me. I closed the book and went “I totally did not see that coming”. I really enjoy books that I don’t know how to end.

This was the first book by an indie author that I have read and it was amazing. I will be ordering Jennifer’s other books and have already started looking into other indie authors.

If you are a fan of angels and want to read something that is one the lighter side of things I suggest buying this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heavenly.