Michelle's Reviews > The Count of Monte Cristo

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas

F_50x66
Nov 12, 10

One of my all time favorites!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Count of Monte Cristo.

Quotes Michelle Liked

Alexandre Dumas
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”

Alexandre Dumas
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”

Alexandre Dumas
“All human wisdom is contained in these two words--"Wait and Hope.”

Alexandre Dumas
“It is the way of weakened minds to see everything through a black cloud. The soul forms its own horizons; your soul is darkened, and consequently the sky of the future appears stormy and unpromising”

Alexandre Dumas
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you”

Alexandre Dumas
“Those born to wealth, and who have the means of gratifying every wish, know not what is the real happiness of life, just as those who have been tossed on the stormy waters of the ocean on a few frail planks can alone realize the blessings of fair weather.”