Monica's Reviews > Queen of Song and Souls

Queen of Song and Souls by C.L. Wilson

Dec 15, 2010

bookshelves: reviewed

This book was very different than the previous three books in this series. This book was a lot of traveling and the characters discovering new things and setting up for the final battle. This book started in motion many things I think will have major impact on the last book. Also, this book had almost zero naughty bits, which is off for a romance, but I think because there was so much to do and learn it didn't matter that much. Also, sex is probably the last thing you think when you are in a war.

I am still head over heels in love with these characters and am so happy I finally got to this book (the ones I haven't read) finally. I did not enjoy this book as much as the first three, the whole first 3/4ths of the book felt like it dragged for me, I found myself skimming quite often. The drama picks up in the last quarter and I found myself in the familiar dramatic reading position (rocking back and forth with the book as close to my face as I can get it).

The ending is major, I even teared up a little bit. I have come so far with these characters it hurts me when they get hurt. I can't wait to dive into the last story so I can truly find out what happens. I also recommend reading this series in order, they all start almost exactly on each others heels and have very little fill in.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Queen of Song and Souls.