Penelope Fletcher's Reviews > Fallen

Fallen by Lauren Kate

Nov 12, 2010

it was ok

** spoiler alert ** I read this book in an afternoon. The cover is just gorgeous, but the story... I don't think this book was for me.

One star is for the cover. Slightly random image though, didn't have anything to do with story. The cover is Gothic, and Luce is not. I like covers with a connection to the words inside, otherwise I feel cheated. The other star is for the fact it's a book, and I love books, and giving one star is not in my nature.

There were some characters who I was dying to know more about, like Arriane. And that girl...what's her name...Pen? The one that died for no real reason at the hands of the cracked librarian. I would have happily read about Arriane the whole way through. I was literally chomping at the bit to know more about her and...nothing.

I passed over reading an Indie book for this, thinking it was going to be stellar. For me the characters were like something I would see in a cartoon when I was eight years old. Forgettable. In fact, had I read this book when I was eight years old I probably would have been blown away. Then again, I discovered LOTR when I was eight, so it may not have had a look in.

Oh, but the flash back of Luce's past life right at the beginning was beautifully written. I know there is another in this series, but I'll avoid it. I would read a different story written by Lauren Kate, though, as I think her writing style is cute.

I would suggest reading it when you have nothing else to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fallen.