Carien's Reviews > Still Sucks to Be Me: More All-True Confessions of Mina Hamilton Smith, Teen Vampire

Still Sucks to Be Me by Kimberly Pauley

Feb 25, 13

bookshelves: ya

This book certainly tested my patience.

It's in present tense. I do seem to run into present tense a lot lately.

And just as in the first book in this series it has lots of unnecessary Goth bashing. Seriously: what's up with that? You'd think that a book about a teenage vampire would have Goths as a potential audience, but the things said about Goths made me want to scream at the book and throw it across the room.

But because I enjoyed the first book (apart from the Goth bashing) I decided to refrain from throwing things and to keep reading.

And it turns out this book is a lot less enjoyable than the first book. Mina is a lot more annoying for one. The first half of the book is mostly Mina moaning about how much her life sucks. I know this series is about how much it sucks to be Mina, but it was a bit much for me.

After a slow start the action finally kicks in luckily enough and from there on out it gets more interesting. In the end this turned out to be a nice enough read, but I won't be rereading it, that's for sure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Still Sucks to Be Me.