Dorri's Reviews > Hungry for You

1916877
Jan 01, 2011

bookshelves: smut
Read from December 26 to 30, 2010 — I own a copy

Once again Lynsay Sands gave me a sweet, simple, fun-filled immortal romance story. Reading the reviews I found this one by Stephanie G "Paranormal" Haven to be rather perfect (giving just enough to tempt, but not giving anything away either). So here is my cut & paste: "Alex Willan is attempting to open a new restaurant but nothing seems to be going right for the oldest Willan sister. From electrical fires to wrong carpet, tile and paint Alex doesn't know if she'll open up her restaurant or go bankrupt first. Her latest problem has her scrambling to find a new head chef after her competitor draws him away with a promise of more money. While on the phone with her sister Sam who called to tell her about another man who Alex must meet, Alex tells her sister her problem and learns she has the solution. The man who Sam wants her to meet just so happens to be a chef from Europe.

Cale Valens was under the impression that his aunt Marguerite wanted him to visit Canada to spend time with the family but her real reason for luring him from Europe was to meet Alex. She believes Alex is Cale's life mate. Having waited his whole life to meet his destined female, Cale agrees to be Alex's chef. One problem. Cale hasn't eaten or cooked food in two thousand years but he will do anything to stay close to Alex. As Cale starts to look into the real reason for Alex's run of bad luck, he will also need to quickly learn how to cook. That is after he learns how to turn on the stove and find out exactly what a spatula is.

Alex is a driven, intelligent woman who just wants to open up her new restaurant but has run into one problem after another. She didn't think she would find her solution in one of the men her sister thinks she should meet. Cale is gorgeous, smart, funny and a great employee and Alex does her best to keep their relationship strictly professional. After a very erotic dream Alex can no longer keep her hands off of him and soon realizes she has lost more than her self control but also her heart. I applaud Alex's restraint because there is no way I could have kept my hands off of Cale. He is everything you'd want and more in a man. What has her holding back is a bad relationship that left her with a broken heart. I couldn't help but feel for her over this and I was glad that Cale held back and took his time with Alex. He was also a lot more honest and upfront with Alex than a lot of the other male vampires were when they found their human mates. He was everything Alex needed him to be. Alex in turn filled a void in Cale's life that most immortals feel after living so long. They were a great couple because you know they love each other without it being shoved in your face."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hungry for You.