Kelly Hager's Reviews > The Postcard Killers

The Postcard Killers by James Patterson

Nov 12, 10

Read from November 11 to 12, 2010

In this offering, a couple is traveling throughout Europe, murdering other killers and taunting police and journalists with postcards. They’ll pick a city and contact the press by sending them a postcard and then, after the murder is complete, send a photo of the crime scene. The father of one of the earlier murder victims (who is also a NYPD detective) is on their trail and has tracked them to Sweden, where he meets the journalist they’re contacting for this round of slaying.

As full disclosure, I’d previously broken up with all non-Alex Cross/Women’s Murder Club books, and this reminded me of why. It felt like there was no THERE there, you know? Like it was entirely formulaic and like he just needed to churn this book out so he could get on to the next. And since he releases somewhere between six and 10 books a year, that might be the case.

Even so, I read the bulk of it this morning and it’s still typical James Patterson–it’s a page-turner with an interesting plot. Does it make me want to read all the books of his I still haven’t read? No. Has it changed my mind about sticking to Alex Cross and the WMC? No. But we’re also not done for good, full stop.

So long story short, if you aren’t a die-hard Patterson fan, avoid this one. But if you ARE, there are worse ways to spend your time.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Postcard Killers.