Candace's Reviews > Little Chimp's Big Day

Little Chimp's Big Day by Lisa Schroeder

Nov 11, 10

This is hands down my favorite children's book this year and perhaps EVER. As a parent it seems like kids always pick the books that aren't fun for the parents to read. This is one my kids love AND I love! Lisa Schroeder may be one of my favorite authors for her young adult books, but she is now one of my favorite children's book authors as well. And Lisa McCue is the best illustrator! These pictures are so cute!

This book is a joy to read as it rhymes so it's fun and easy because of the lovely flow. But the kids love it because of all adventuresome things that Little Chimp does. It's also an easier one to memorize so they can 'read' along with you.

The book has the message that even when your parents let you run and have grand adventures they are always watching over you, even if you don't know it.

The illustrations are great because you can see that the whole time Little Chimps mother is hiding but still watching him. Each page also has a caterpillar for you to find. So it's very interactive and the kids love looking for the mother and the caterpillar. The pictures are also vibrant and colorful. I wish I could get Lisa McCue to come paint a mural in my playroom!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Chimp's Big Day.