Jacqueline's Reviews > Almost Perfect

Almost Perfect by Susan Mallery

Nov 15, 10

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, secret-baby, from-the-library, 2nd-chance-at-love
Read from November 10 to 12, 2010

This was a nice book. Even though it is a 2nd chance at love book which I don't typically like. If they are done well and/or different somehow they can work for me. I enjoyed that she believed she had been told to stay out of town and keep her child away from him by the boy's father and she was doing it rather than being all belligerant about it. She was calm and reasonable throughout the whole book. He had grown up some since he was a typical young jerk but he still needed to grow up some more. Which he did and proved it by sufficient groveling at the end.

Sometimes people complain there is never any reason for a secret baby story, that any woman who would do such a thing is basically evil incarnate. But I remember being 18 and 18 year olds do not always think rationally. Science tells us that teenagers' brains are not finished developing that young. I will always buy an 18 year old making a poor decision.

The town of Fool's Gold was not so sicky sweet in this one as in the other book I read set here. Not so much emphasis on the lack of men in town.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Almost Perfect.