Linda Robinson's Reviews > The Sacred Depths of Nature

The Sacred Depths of Nature by Ursula Goodenough

Nov 13, 10

Read from November 11 to 12, 2010

Goodenough writes with passionate reverence of the science she knows and teaches, and the faith she proclaims with joy. I am overcome. As I was out walking today I was struck by the loss of my best friend this summer, and asked please for a sign that all was well and could continue to be. Continuation. I didn't know how to ask for relief from my pain, but as I came up the last hill I saw a field of tall grass lit like candlelight by the sun, blazing as far as my eyes could see. And tonight I finished this beautiful book I started yesterday. Thank you, Ursula Goodenough for writing a beautiful benediction to and for life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sacred Depths of Nature.

Quotes Linda Liked

“Life, we can now say, is getting something to happen against the odds, and remembering how to do it.”
Ursula Goodenough, The Sacred Depths of Nature

11/11/2010 page 60
27.0% ""And so I lift up my head, and I bear my own witness, with affection and tenderness and respect. And in so doing, I sanctify myself with my own grace. To the extent that I know myself, I am known. My yearning to be Known is relegated to the corridors of arrogance, and I sing my own song, with deep gratitude for my existence.""