Ted Mallory's Reviews > You Have the Power: How to Take Back Our Country and Restore Democracy in America

You Have the Power by Howard Dean

Dec 20, 10

bookshelves: progressive
Read from November 11 to December 20, 2010

excellent analysis of where we're at and how we got here- even though it was written back in 2004. A bit depressing that we let this happen and still aren't following any of his advice as to how to undo the damage.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Have the Power.

Quotes Ted Liked

Howard Dean
“The fatal combination of Republican craveness and Democratic cowardice wasn't having an awful effect solely on the U.S. economy. It was proving deeply scarring to the American psyche.”
Howard Dean, You Have the Power: How to Take Back Our Country and Restore Democracy in America

11/11/2010 page 11
5.0% "Starts off talking about how both Dean and Bush were moderates as governors, but then the Bush White House ran off the tracks into extremism but the Democrats were scaredy cats and let themselves get rolled his first 4 years."
11/17/2010 page 31
15.0% ""The fatal combination of Republican cravenness and Democratic cowardice wasn't having an awful effect solely on the U.S. economy. It was proving deeply scarring to the American psyche.""
11/18/2010 page 53
25.0% "The so-called culture war is not about sectarian vs. secular or right vs. left it boils down to social Darwinism vs. social justice."
12/08/2010 page 88
42.0% "A scathing critique of the shortcomings of the Democratic party since 1980"
12/17/2010 page 152
73.0% "Excellent book, but makes me feel even more depressed about the shape our country is in."
show 1 hidden update…