Cheryl's Reviews > Murder on the Down Low

Murder on the Down Low by Pamela Samuels Young

Jan 12, 11

bookshelves: own-signed-copy, rwa-book-club-sent-me, pump-up-your-book-virtual-book-tour, 2011
Read from January 06 to 11, 2011

I really had no idea what to expect when I started reading this book. Several African American men are murdered. The first is Dr. Banks. He is shot and killed as he is getting out of his car at the parking structure as he was returning to work from his "lunch break". J.C., a female homicide detective, was called to the scene. After more murders she has a theory about what is going on, but the lieutenant doesn't want to hear it.

J.C., Vernetta, Nichelle, and Special were all friends, but lost their friend Maya who supposedly died of pneumonia. Maya left a husband behind named Eugene. Special comes into the funeral and announces something to the crowd about Maya's death that is a surprise to everyone.

Vernetta is a lawyer and has a boss named O'Reilly. She has been trying to get partner for the longest time, but a new lawyer named Haley tries to move in and take the spotlight from her. Nichelle is also a lawyer but at a different firm.

There are so many twists and turns in this book. I thought I figured out who the killer was, but then I wasn't sure because then it seemed like it could be someone else. It was a total surprise to find out the answers at the end! There are so many surprises. I didn't find any faults at all with this book and highly recommend it!

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder on the Down Low.

01/06/2011 page 1
01/08/2011 page 103
27.0% "I cannot believe that Lieutenant Wilson is not buying J.C.'s theory. I think she is totally right on."
show 4 hidden updates…

Cheryl Participating in the blog tour! Have to post my review on January 12!

Beverly Taylor Pamela Samuels Young is a well-kept secret. I've enjoyed all her books, especially her latest, Buying Time.

Beverly Taylor
Author of Desires of the Heart

Cheryl I am enjoying the book so far Beverly! Your books look great as well!

Beverly Taylor Pamela is going to rise to the top of your list as a suspense writer.

If you or anyone you know who enjoy a good Christian Fiction Romance, please share my novel, Desires of the Heart, with them. You can go to Amazon.com and read excerpts.

Thanks much, Cheryl. Happy New Year and Happy Reading!

Cheryl I do like Christian Fiction Romance and plan on reading your book.

Happy New Year and Happy Reading to you too Pamela!

Beverly Taylor Thank you, Cheryl. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Esther Bradley-detally I read this book; met the author when she read at la Pintoresca library in Pasadena; way to go; will add to my list. good luck and hooray