Kristen's Reviews > What's Happening to My Body? Book for Girls: A Growing-Up Guide for Parents and Daughters

What's Happening to My Body? Book for Girls by Lynda Madaras

Jan 20, 2008

bookshelves: parentingetc, youth
Read in January, 2007

I checked this out from the library when I was looking for a book to give my almost-8 yr.-old. I found the content a little bit too detailed in areas I didn't feel she was ready for yet (birth control, for instance - yikes!! I'm not ready for that!) And it had some anatomical illustrations of boys and girls that I thought could wait a bit longer. So I got the American Girls Body Book instead. This one would be more appropriate for later puberty, I think. It's also a great resource for both moms and dads to read as a refresher on all the great and terrible things that lie ahead!

Side note: There is also the boy version of this book that I look forward to reading in a few years when my sons get that age.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What's Happening to My Body? Book for Girls.

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel The American Girls book is a good one - it explains things clearly without going into unnecceary detail.