Leigh's Reviews > Burning Up

Burning Up by Angela Knight

Apr 18, 11

Read from April 16 to 18, 2011

Only read Meljean Brooks' short, Here There Be Monsters.

4.5 stars!! I really, really loved it! Fabulous short story and great introduction into the world of the Iron Duke series. The steampunk genre is very neat, and I really enjoyed the way that Brooks created this steampunk world and added in some uberhawt, steamy romance to go with it. Eben was a fabulous hero, and Ivy an even more fabulous heroine! I loved that he was so taken with her from the get-go, and that he never gave up on finding her. Loved also that he had a "mad" reputation to uphold, but that it was just that...a reputation. He was so very sweet with Ivy, ever-patient, enamored, and honest.

And Ivy was just plain kickass! Here is a female who is the finest in her guild, during a time when it really was a "man's world," but she didn't hold back. She did her job at her finest, and along the way, she fell in love with Eben. Aside from her true talent as a smithy, she was also VERY clever w/ her coins, and then at the end w/ helping Eben keep his "mad" reputation, thereby allowing the two of them to be together forever.

I hope that we get to see these two characters again in future books because they truly were fantastic and quite enjoyable. I'm looking forward to now "meeting" the Iron Duke himself. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Burning Up.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Spoiler Whore but you can call me Amanda Love this short story by Nalini Singh. You will crack up with the grandma.

Leigh Cool!! Good to know - thanks, Amanda!! :)