Steven Peterson's Reviews > The Quinoa Cookbook: Over 70 Great Quinoa Recipes

The Quinoa Cookbook by Ken Jones

Nov 10, 10

This past week, I have begun to use this old Inca food in my cooking. Quinoa (pronounced, I think, kee-nwah). It is a plant (looks like a grain but isn't) and a great protein source. Hence, the base of some vegetarian dishes.

The book begins with a brief description of quinoa and then discusses how you cook it. The book is slender (just 70 recipes in 109 pages), but it provides quite a few recipes that look tasty and healthy (there are others that are pretty bland).

Some of the more interesting recipes? Chicken and quinoa soup; Quinoa, leek, and potato soup in a slow cooker; Chili quinoa; Quinoa tabouleh (a better recipe than one from another of my cookbooks); Tangy salad; Spinach omelette; English stir fry.

Most of the recipes are easy to make. Quinoa is not difficult to use as an ingredient. Special features of the volume: a seven day quonoa diet, background information about quinoa.

If you want a quick and dirty introduction to this old food, this is a good starting point. . . .

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Quinoa Cookbook.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Terri (new)

Terri Ken is one of my friends on facebook. I am sure would to hear you comments.