Lindsay's Reviews > Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anna and the French Kiss.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Dija What? Why are you setting this book aside??

message 2: by Lindsay (new) - added it

Lindsay Cause I wasn't getting into it...:/ I will give it another try but I am going to wait a little bit. Still too much hype, you know?

Kellee It really is worth reading. It has a bad case of bad-cover-itis, but it is so much more than what it seems.

Dija @Lindsay: Oh, okay. Hope you like it better when you give it another try. And I agree, it doesn't quite live upto all that hype.

@Kellee: Bad-cover-itis? Love it! :D

message 5: by Lindsay (new) - added it

Lindsay @Kellee Bad-cover-itis? Kellee, please keep that, its gold :D & yes, I most certainly will check it out. Do you like the Lola cover?

@Dija Me too. I will be giving it another try so fingers crossed. Sometimes, I really hate hype cause it can really mess you up on a book which I think is the case :/ Anna did seem alright though. I actually liked her.

Dija I feel the same way, Lindsay. I was really looking forward to Anna being some sort of phenomenal read, but it let me down in that regard. It has happened with various other books as well. I always hate feeling weird when I'm the only one who didn't like a certain overrated book.

message 7: by Lindsay (new) - added it

Lindsay Me too! I mean sometimes the hype is great but this one...meh. Do you have any recommendations?

Hira I feel the same way about this! It was quite easy for me to put down...and I just didn't feel the characters.

message 9: by Hira (last edited Oct 31, 2011 02:46PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Hira On another note, have you read Melina Marchetta? If not, then you should! :)

message 10: by Lindsay (new) - added it

Lindsay I actually haven't Hira but I've wanted to! Absolutely everyone raves about her and I've read a few samples of her work.

message 11: by Dija (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dija Which sort of books are you looking for, Lindsay? I have tons to recommend, but I don't wanna give you any titles from genres you don't like. :D

message 12: by Lindsay (new) - added it

Lindsay Well I love YA, dystopian, urban fantasy, paranormal, stuff like that. Anything would be great Dija :)