Lindsay's Reviews > Anna and the French Kiss

Jan 02, 15

bookshelves: books-i-own
Read in November, 2010

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anna and the French Kiss.

01/02 marked as: read

Dija What? Why are you setting this book aside??

Lindsay Cause I wasn't getting into it...:/ I will give it another try but I am going to wait a little bit. Still too much hype, you know?

Kellee It really is worth reading. It has a bad case of bad-cover-itis, but it is so much more than what it seems.

Dija @Lindsay: Oh, okay. Hope you like it better when you give it another try. And I agree, it doesn't quite live upto all that hype.

@Kellee: Bad-cover-itis? Love it! :D

Lindsay @Kellee Bad-cover-itis? Kellee, please keep that, its gold :D & yes, I most certainly will check it out. Do you like the Lola cover?

@Dija Me too. I will be giving it another try so fingers crossed. Sometimes, I really hate hype cause it can really mess you up on a book which I think is the case :/ Anna did seem alright though. I actually liked her.

Dija I feel the same way, Lindsay. I was really looking forward to Anna being some sort of phenomenal read, but it let me down in that regard. It has happened with various other books as well. I always hate feeling weird when I'm the only one who didn't like a certain overrated book.

Lindsay Me too! I mean sometimes the hype is great but this one...meh. Do you have any recommendations?

Hira I feel the same way about this! It was quite easy for me to put down...and I just didn't feel the characters.

message 9: by Hira (last edited Oct 31, 2011 02:46PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Hira On another note, have you read Melina Marchetta? If not, then you should! :)

Lindsay I actually haven't Hira but I've wanted to! Absolutely everyone raves about her and I've read a few samples of her work.

message 11: by Dija (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dija Which sort of books are you looking for, Lindsay? I have tons to recommend, but I don't wanna give you any titles from genres you don't like. :D

Lindsay Well I love YA, dystopian, urban fantasy, paranormal, stuff like that. Anything would be great Dija :)