Angela's Reviews > The Alibi

The Alibi by Sandra Brown

Nov 23, 10

Read from November 08 to 21, 2010

This turned into one of those books that wasn't all that great, but wasn't so bad that I had to stop. My biggest issue was trying to keep all the storylines in order. I felt like we were going from present to past to one person's life, to another, without any clarity as to why we were doing that.

Add to that a tendency for people to have to explain a situation for us, instead of just carrying on with their conversation, and it would get laborious. (Think along the lines of someone asking you what you had for dinner last night and you going into the details of how you made lasagna instead of just saying you had lasagna.) A lot of it didn't have anything to do with the main storyline at all.

Beyond that, I honestly never saw the end coming. For once, I really had no idea who had committed the murder, not even an inkling! I suppose I could go back and read it with the knowledge to see if I'd figure it out after the fact, but then I'd have to reread the whole thing and it's not worth my time.

All in all, it's an entertaining book. I think it could have been just as good with a lot cut out. My guess is the author was trying to establish connections between people, but it just ended up feeling forced.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Alibi.