~riaria~'s Reviews > Drawing Blood

Drawing Blood by Poppy Z. Brite

Apr 26, 11

bookshelves: dark, horror, erotica, gay, generation-x, favorites
Read in October, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I totally loved this book; actually I think am gonna re-read it again pretty soon. I loved the characters geeky Zach(I have a thing for dorky but sexy hackers, ok?)and messed up Trev (I also have a thing for tormented comic book artists:P). I don't think that the author's writing style is that of a gothy teenager or directed at teenagers drawn to the dark side either. I found her writing style amazing. Especially the parts where the haunted house is described or the glimpses of the New Orleans night life. Kind of refreshing having read a lot of A.Rice in the past.This is the american gothic meets the sexy 90s generation X type of novel, a bit nostalgic since I grew up in the 90s. I think it vaguely reminded me of an old G.Araki film(The Doom Generation, was it?).Oh, and it contains some very,very sexy homoerotic scenes. For those of you who like this sort of thing, invest without fear or shame. Made me wanna listen to Charlie Parker so bad. Might listen to some record of his during my re-read ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Drawing Blood.