Sandra's Reviews > A Woman of No Importance

A Woman of No Importance by Oscar Wilde

Nov 10, 10

bookshelves: classics, musical-and-theatre, read-in-2010, in-english, scripts
Read on November 10, 2010

I quite liked this one! Thank you Mr. Wilde for writing such a delighting play with so many nice leading ladies. I found Hester, Mrs. Arbuthnot and even Mrs. Daubeny (even though she is just mentioned, and not a character in the play) all very inspiring women and I liked that the jokes for once didn't go completely over my head. I think reading a lot of Wilde actually helps because I'm starting to get his humor which makes the reading experience a lot nicer for me. The one thing that does annoy me quite a bit is how often Wilde has his characters repeat certain themes or sentences or even the structures in the dialogue. It takes away something of the dynamics in my opinion and ruins the natural flow of the conversation since I just can't believe that anyone would actually talk like that! But all in all I really did quite like this one, especially the women and the bad ending for the annoying male lead.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Woman of No Importance.