Kristi-The Book Faery's Reviews > Forever Frost

Forever Frost by Kailin Gow

Mar 04, 11

read count: 3

After reading Bitter Frost, I knew there would be no disappointment waiting for me with Forever Frost.
I knew I had to follow Breena on her journey through Feyland and become part of that fantastical world once again. I’m going to keep this as spoiler free as possible because I want the readers to really feel the angst, the terror, the happiness and the love that is written in this fantastic book.

Breena’s trapped by the evil Summer Queen; her father cavorts far way with human women leaving his Queen to do as she may with her squirrely little advisor, Wort. She has lost a dear friend and is caught in a game of prisoner exchange. Unfortunately, one of those prisoners is her mother; Trapped by the evil Winter Queen and to be traded for the Princess Shasta. Breena longs for nothing but home now, with all of its boring simplicity.
She’s had enough fighting for her life and her love, enough political feuding that costs more and more lives every day. But, nothing is quite that simple, is it?

So much happens in this book; you don’t want to miss a word. That’s how action packed it is. There’s plenty of your favorite characters, good and bad; let us not forget that the evil pixie king, Delano, still hasn’t given up on her and will stop at nothing to ‘breed’ with her to make Summer Fey Pixies-ewww, poor Breena has barely had her first kiss and the thought of 'breeding' with Delano is just a bit to much to take right now!

It’s only when astounding news reaches her that she changes her plans and goes to the aid of a loved one. This is one journey that had me at the edge of my seat all the way through it. This is what I really love and respect about Ms. Gows books, it's the character growth, selflessness and maturity you see that gradually happens through life learning and experience. Breena has been through a lot, seen a lot and through this she's gained strenth of heart. She does what feels right in her heart and she's a heroine that we can all look up to. Life lessson's are important and one of the best way to learn those are through reading.

Ms. Gow has once again built a wonderful world that I delighted in! I can step into Feyland anytime I want, it’s right at my finger tips. Her characters are so real, they’ve become like friends to me, I’m actually invested in them and start talking aloud when they’re in trouble or when they’re happy (especially when they’re doing what I want them to do!)

Ms.Gow, My hats off to you for again, not only writing an amazing story but for helping me cope and giving me relief of pain; that’s something I never thought would happen. As woefully inadequate as this sounds, I send a big thank-you to you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever Frost.