Joy's Reviews > Angelo's Captive Virgin

2711937
Nov 10, 10

bookshelves: contemporary-romance
Read from November 09 to 10, 2010

It was a quick read and this is one of those stories I found myself liking despite the shortness of it. This is also the first work I read from this author and her writing style deserves praise.

There's Anna the heiress who couldn't let go of the chateau, and the past that's behind it, and Angelo who's set on buying it for his own "evil" purposes (or so Anna thought). It's like a game of tug-of-war and I read until the end to see who's gonna win.

The tension was palpable, I could just imagine how the characters looked like because the author provided vivid descriptions from time to time. The characters have depth because of their pasts and I liked how they developed. I also appreciated the time frame before they finally got together.

There was a lot of emotional moments, and the mystery really worked for me. There was a point where I was saying "huh it can't be", and because a lot of things were said and done (mostly hurtful), it seemed they'll never end up with each other at all.

The sex scenes were tame, not so explicit but romantic all the same. This is one of the few Harlequin novels I liked and I'll be watching out for this author's other works.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angelo's Captive Virgin.