Kristin's Reviews > Blood Hollow

Blood Hollow by William Kent Krueger

Jan 04, 11

bookshelves: audio-books, mystery
Read from December 23, 2010 to January 04, 2011

In this “episode” we have Cork butting heads with the new sheriff of Tamarack County, Arnie Soderberg, and Fletcher Cane, father of the murdered girl; while trying to defend Solemn’s innocence. Cork’s lawyer wife , Jo, agrees to defend Solemn and she set’s Cork loose to investigate. I did find it rather fascinating, that Cork pretty much blithely runs around interviewing who he wants when he wants and nobody from the sheriff’s department stops him. I found that rather suspicious, but the author did try and give the impression that the sheriff’s department had stopped investigating when they accused Solemn.

It also seems odd to me that everybody (with the exception of Fletcher) seems pretty willing to tell the ‘former’ Sheriff of Tamarack County what they know. Doesn’t anyone ask to have an actual officer present? A lawyer? How in the world could Cork or Jo prove that these people said anything in a court of law?

Still, book four was pretty good. My main complaint was the reader – they switched readers between book three and four, and this new reader just seemed…bored with not much change in intonation between the different characters. However, reading quality aside, the plot kept moving along, there were interesting twists and turns, a few scenes were set up to be ‘predictable’ and surprisingly they weren’t. I found it interesting, for a small town where everybody knows everybody else, there is a lot of dirty laundry being aired.

Recommended if you’ve read book three which does a good job of establishing the setting of Tamarack County and the characters.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Hollow.