colleen the contrarian ± (... never stop fighting) ±'s Reviews > Heartless

Jul 03, 11

bookshelves: historical-fantasy, steampunk, romantic
Read from July 01 to 03, 2011 — I own a copy

3 1/2

Still not as good as the fabled first, but not as belabored as the bits with the Templars in the last one. Still full of wit and humor, but maybe not as much as before. But, then, I think some things which are meant to be funny came across as more absurd this time around.

That said, there were quite a few interesting happenings and shocking revelations. But I couldn't help but feel this was more a set-up for what's coming and less a book which stood solidly on it's own swollen feet.

Still, I can't say it wasn't enjoyable, and I did titter and snort quite a few times - so unladylike, I know - and I continue to look forward to the next installment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heartless.

07/01/2011 page 72

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kara You were quick on it! How are you enjoying this one? I just got #3 on audio.

colleen the contrarian  ± (... never stop fighting) ± I'm not very far in, but it's pretty promising so far.

Kara Thanks for the review!

Kara I enjoyed this one. I finally five star-ed one of the Parasol series, if for no other reason than the ending, and the fact that I have been so impressed with her consistent QUALITY in these books. (I thought it was better than the last, with the Templars). I will say the mechanical Octopus did seem to go on for a long time, and Madame LeFoux MAY have over-reacted just a tad. ;)