Kim's Reviews > Days of Magic, Nights of War

bookshelves: audio, teens, fantasy
Recommended to Kim by: Katheryn
Recommended for: fantasy-lovers
Read from November 15 to December 13, 2010, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** I picked up the audio book as soon as I finished the audio of the first book. I think I enjoyed 'Days of Magic' more than the first one! While the first book is good, the second one really increases the sense of urgency and the feeling of something hanging over everyone's heads. The increased pace also made it more enjoyable.

I really like this series! It's got the epic feel of series like Lord of the Rings or The Chronicles of Narnia, but with its own unique flavor that sets it apart from other stories.

Candy's adventures in the Abarat have taken on a new dimension in the second book. Though she continues with her goal of exploring the Abarat, the mystery of why she feels so at home there continues to haunt her, as well as the fact that the leaders of the forces of Night, Christopher Carrion and his grandmother, Mater Motley, are intensely interested in her (demise), all play an ever-increasing role in Candy's life, culminating in a huge confrontation in the latter half of the book. All that, and the faint drumbeats of an approaching war, provides for a very exciting, interesting read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Days of Magic, Nights of War.

11/25/2010 "disc 2, track 11"