Not Now...Mommy's Reading's Reviews > This Side of the Grave

This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Sep 12, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: night-huntress-series, kindle, 2011-reads, vampires, i-love-him, urban-fantasy
Read from April 14 to May 11, 2011 , read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** I don't know if I'll continue with this series. I struggled through this book. In addition to my immense dislike of Cat, other issues I had:

Bones and Cat are married. I don't want to read about a married couple trying to get their sexy on. I love the chase! I might stick around for the honeymoon but after that, it's married sex. Not interested.

Every other page, Cat develops a new power that makes her awesome and oh-so unique. Give me a break! I like my heroines to have some vulnerabilites. And you'd think after four books, I'd start to warm up to Cat. Nope. I kept hoping someone would snatch her tongue out through her throat every time she opened her mouth. I. DO. NOT. LIKE. CAT.

Don comes back as a ghost.

*blank stare

Ummm...WTH?

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

Between Don coming back as a ghost and Cat's mom wanting to be a super bad vampire assassin (GO SOMEWHERE AND BAKE SOME COOKIES!!!) - there was just too much going on! Clearly I missed the books before this where Spade hooked up with Denise and Mencheres hooked up with Kira because I was a girl scout without a compass in the middle of a forest. I'm just sayin...

I didn't care for Appollyon when I first read about him so I could give two hoots about him during this book. Boring. The only semi-interesting person was Marie but even she was all caught up in the Reeeeaper, you're special and awesome and oooooh, everyone's in awe of the Reeeeaper.

I'll read the reviews before I pick up the next title in this series.

3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Side of the Grave.

Cindi I always take a day off work to read about Cat & Bones ;)

message 2: by Teri (new) - added it

Teri AMEN!!!!

The UHQ Nasanta You make me want to weep. The problems I had in the past couple of books continue? It frustrated me to come across this in Rhapsody and the Tairen series. *unhappy about-to-start reader*

Not Now...Mommy's Reading Please don't weep!

Of course this is my OPINION - so you very well may enjoy it a lot more than I did. Especially if you like Cat.

I Don't.

lol

The UHQ Nasanta Given that I gave the last 2 books 2 stars, not likely. lol. I started Denise's book. Hopefully, I will like it better.