April's Reviews > A Time to Love

F_50x66
Nov 09, 10

bookshelves: amish-faith-inspirational-contemp
Read in November, 2010

A TIME TO LOVE by Barbara Cameron is an inspirational romance set in modern day Lancaster County, PA. It is the first in the Quilts of Lancaster County Series. It is well written with details and depth. It is a tender love story full of love, promise, hope, healing, faith,Amish, and second chances. It is the story of a journalist,Jenny, who is injured,from a bomb blast, while reporting on the conditions, and stories of children in war torn countries. Her father was Amish, but choose to live in the English world. She spent a few summers with her Amish grandmother. During her time with her grandmother she meets, Matthew, and quickly becomes friends. Then her father takes her back to the English world, where she goes to college and becomes a journalist. Matthew, her Amish friend, thought there was more between them,marries a year after Jenny leaves without any word from her. His wife dies of cancer. Leaving him with three little children. Jenny returns to Lancaster County, to her grandmother's house to recover from her injuries. Her and Matthew quickly falls back in love and decide to marry. Although, I enjoyed this story, I would have liked to seen a more of the ending for the young couple, as they start their life together. I would recommend this book especially if you enjoy Amish, a sweet tender love story, and the healing that can take place after tragic events in someone's life.This story is full of God's promises and faith. This book was received for review from Net Galley and details can be found at Abingdon Press and My Book Addiction and More.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Time to Love.