Dixie Thamrin's Reviews > Forever Princess

Forever Princess by Meg Cabot

Nov 09, 10

** spoiler alert ** I've been waiting for a long time for this book, nearly one and a half year or so. You might be wondering, why do I have to wait for a teen romance novel? Well, there are lots of reasons. First, I've read all (yes, all) Princess Diaries books, and even though I found that some of the previous books are disappointing, all I can say is, the last book is the best pay-off for all those hard times Mia got.

One of many interesting points of this book (which I've been longing to read), is Michael's comeback from Japan. Of course, this made Mia's world turned upside down, and I couldn't help feeling nervous as well (I know it's kinda lame, but I really couldn't help it). Things were going pretty complicated, though, when Mia started to realize that maybe she still had a feeling for Michael, when unfortunately she was still being J.P.'s girlfriend.

There are so many things about what Michael did to Mia that made me gasped and screamed, "That is soooo sweet!" Like the time when Michael gave his invention for Genovian Hospital for free to support Mia's father in the election, or the way Michael insisted on reading Mia's romance novel, or the things he always remember about Mia (like Princess Leia, for example), or when he almost confessed his feeling to Mia. And after trying so hard to deny it, Mia finally realized that she couldn't lie to her heart: She, on top of all, still loved Michael.

And in the end, Mia got back with Michael (just as I'd been hoping) after dumping J.P. for his intolerable action to Lilly, so this is a happy ending (and I'm a HUGE fan of happy endings, which made me love this book more and more!).

When I finished this book, I couldn't help feeling so happy and light. If you've read all those previous books and a supporter for Mia-Michael relationship, you would close this book as you said, "Finally. Finally, after a long time they're together again." I don't know about you, but for me it's a huge relief! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever Princess.