Naj (Unputdownable Books)'s Reviews > Firelight

Firelight by Sophie Jordan

Aug 19, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read from August 18 to 19, 2011

When I saw the cover and read the synopsis of the book I wasn't too excited to read it. I though perhaps the book wouldn't be something out of the ordinary but I was half wrong.

The story-line held its originality by mixing dragons into modern times and all illustrated in a beautiful writing style from Sophie Jordan. She carried out the whole book with again another strong character but with a completely different scenario and atmosphere. She created a new concept that takes you to our time with mystical creatures that are dated back hundreds of years behind us.

The not so original bit of the story was the romance. It was yet another Unusual-Girl meets Normal-Boy they fall in love but their differences tear them apart as an Unusual-Boy comes between the couple to tear them apart and bring Unusual-Girl back with her own kind and then it goes on. But that's not what I read these books for. I read it for the mild action filled parts with a female centered story and this book has it.

I salute Sophie Jordan for managing to raise my expectations in this series and for writing a wonderful unputdownable book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Firelight.

08/19/2011 page 85