Abby's Reviews > Before I Fall

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

Sep 05, 2011

bookshelves: read-in-2011, 5-star, reviews
Read from January 20 to 31, 2011

Have you ever thought about how you would die? What's the last thing you'll see, who'll be the last person you will talked to? Did you even get to say goodbye to your parents, say 'I love you' and hug them?

Samantha Kingston did. She lived her last day (February 12) over and over, 7 times to be exact.

First came the confusion. Why is it still February 12? Is last night just a dream, a nightmare? Am I awake now?

Second came the denial. No, I must still be dreaming. This can't be true. Why does this keep happening over and over again? Wake me!

Third came the thinking. Maybe I keep reliving the same day over and over because I must do something. I'm still here for a purpose. But what is it?

Fourth came the planning. I must do something. I must not die. Maybe if I don't go to that party I won't die.

Fifth came the realization. Yes, I'm still here for a purpose. I will die, but it won't be for nothing. I will save her.

Sixth came the farewell. I must go now. I'll do what I have to. But it won't be easy. Goodbye.

And last came the fall. ..certain moments go on forever. Even after they're over they still go on, even after you're dead and buried, those moments are lasting still, backward and forward, on into infinity. They are everything and everywhere all at once. They are the meaning.

I love how Lauren Oliver played with words, how they complimented each other to form the best description, feeling, place, people. You'll experience a lot of thinking and self evaluation while reading this book. A lot of realization, maybe some regrets too. This book is brilliant and well thought of. A great novel for a debut author. A 5-star without a doubt!
14 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before I Fall.

Quotes Abby Liked

So many things become beautiful when you really look.
“So many things become beautiful when you really look.”
Lauren Oliver, Before I Fall

01/21/2011 page 141

Comments (showing 1-7)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Gabby aww! looks like a very good book to read..

Abby Thanks Gabby! Yes it is. A long book but definitely worth reading. :)

Gabby I'm sensing that i will cry if i read this book. hehe lolz. try ko sya bhie! thanks :)

Abby I don't know, but I didn't cry. It's not a tearjerker kind of book. Welcome. Happy reading! :)

Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ] I can quote all the words in this book. nice review. :)

Abby Really? That's how much you like this book huh. :)

Thanks!

message 1: by Rue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rue I really liked this. I did cry at the end.