Nomes's Reviews > Dash & Lily's Book of Dares

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn

Feb 27, 11

bookshelves: 2011, i-thought-i-would-love-this-but, alternating-m-f-pov, out-of-the-loop
Read from February 26 to 27, 2011

2.5

I found it hard to engage in the story and wasn't really into it until the halfway mark (and even then I felt restless while reading it ~ as if waiting for some awesome to happen). Having said that ~ I think this will make a cute and fun movie (it has been optioned).

Also, I wanted some fun and wild dares while roaming around New York at Christmas and I expected a romance (a hip, funky one) and I guess it all just played out differently to what I imagined.

Some of the lines were cute/funny but then sometimes it felt a touch try-hard and choreographed rather than real.

I feel bad for not loving this, hey. I know lots of my friends just ADORED this one. sigh...

I do very much <3 the Aussie cover though :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dash & Lily's Book of Dares.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

oliviasbooks Oh, a different cover!

Nomes it's the Aussie cover! I really like it.

message 3: by Nic (new)

Nic I like it better than the US cover :)

Nomes I know - I mostly like the Aussie ones better for some reason?

message 5: by Nic (new)

Nic I think because it is a little bit different then all the covers released recently.

~Tina~ This cover is pretty cool!

oliviasbooks It IS cool, but I love the one with the street signs and the snow.

~Tina~ I would have to go with the US/Can cover as well, but I like how different this cover feels:)

Nomes They both have such a different vibe to them. I don;t know what cover the UK will be getting?

Brooke Cute edition! I can't find this book ANYWHERE!! Borders don't even have it yet! It's so frustrating. I can't be bothered to order it online cos by the time it arrives it'll be out here. *sigh*.

message 11: by Nic (last edited Feb 27, 2011 04:26AM) (new)

Nic So glad I didn't get this. I don't think I will like it, despite it's appealing cover!

Nomes I didn't like it much. felt very american and kind of too-cool. I did want to love it. I got it from my library :)

Arlene Very cute cover. Don't feel bad that you didn't care for it! I enjoyed it a ton as a holiday read during Christmas. :)