Kyle Hendrickson's Reviews > Cross Country

Ms. Campanella
English 3, Period 5
8 November 2010

Cross Country Review
James Patterson has done it again. James Petterson has written many books in the cross series and each one better then the last. The book I read was Cross Country and by far the best one yet. It is classified as a Fiction/literature in your local Barnes & Noble The book was very well written and descriptive in its own eccentric and yet gruesome way. The
The book starts off in Washington D.C. where The protagonist Detective Alex Cross has just heard about a gruesome murder and has yet to find out it was one of his old friends. He gets there and the scene is gory messy and he slips in a pool of blood after the heart stopping new was delivered to him. This is where Detective Bree Stone is introduced this is Alex’s girlfriend, along with Sampson whom is Alex’s and Bree’s friend as well. After this scene Alex learns who the murder is and sets out to find out who or what he is, and try to put a stop to his murders.They call him the Tiger for many reason many to horrid to say he obviously is the antagonist. His trip is to………Africa during what may turn into a civil war. He is greeted so kindly when he arrives and is beaten and thrown in jail. The rest of his stay in Africa rockets down hill leaving behind a few broken noses and a lost friend. The Meat of the story will have your eyes glued to them until the end which of coarse will be ended with one of James Patterson’s infamous little time bomb of a cliff hanger is the best way to describe it.
The Theme of the great book is The world is not as it seems and within its little nooks and crannies lies little pockets that can only be described as hell. He targets this theme by taking Alex to Africa and showing the reader all of the horrers the go on daily. The conflict is man vs. man between Alex and the Tiger. The book is written very well and keeps the reader interested the whole time with gruesome details, very very intense scenes, well thought out characters, and much more youll have to find out for your self. His writing style goes into detail about all of his adventures. He also describes the horrid situation on Darfur and Seire Leon.
This is an amazing book and one of my favorites of the series but I would recommend to start at book one. I know there are many but believe me you will not regret reading them at all they are great books and this one so far is the best. They are written very well and keep the reader interested from the beginning; which I might add is intense from just the first 20 or so pages of the book. This book is well worth the money and the five stars I award it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cross Country.