Jess Scott's Reviews > The Shifters of 2040

The Shifters of 2040 by Ami Blackwelder

Dec 08, 10

What stands out to me with Ms. Blackwelder's work is her passion for nature/the environment. This is very clear from the rendering of the themes and setting/descriptions in the book. There's something very real and genuine which comes across to the reader, which I have always appreciated (nothing worse than something gimmicky/fake!!).

The author's style of PNR (paranormal romance) features several twists throughout the plot too (don't want to mention too many spoilers), and I like how the concept of DNA was handled, lol. It's something I can "wonder" about from time to time, when reading paranormal fiction, so I certainly appreciate it when an author includes these elements in their work, instead of taking the easy way out and totally avoiding and/or skipping around the issue. The attention to these concepts is also carried through to the end of the story, which adds to the overall cohesion of the book. Nicely done!
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shifters of 2040.