Lacey's Reviews > The Last Time I Saw You

2006264
Nov 25, 10

bookshelves: first-reads-wins
Read on November 24, 2010

This was win #4 as far as goodreads giveaways go, and definitely the best book I've won so far.

Okay, first off, a confession - I have never been to a high school reunion. My ten-year is still a couple of years away and we didn't have a five-year reunion. That said, I still feel like Elizabeth Berg got the character relationships spot on. (And that's pretty amazing considering she's never been to a reunion either!) Everything just fits - slipping into one's old high school roles, discovering grudges are still held, trying to catch the high school crush one last time, wanting to act like you've changed so much - but everyone still remembers the time you fell flat on your face at halftime. It's all in here, it's all completely believable, and it's all thoroughly enjoyable to read . . . even if the thought of being there yourself makes you cringe. This is a very funny book, and it's one of those "it's funny because it's so true" types of funny. It is, perhaps, a little forgettable - I don't know that I will ever read it again - but it's still a very enjoyable, easy read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Time I Saw You.