Nancy's Reviews > Virgin River

Virgin River by Robyn Carr

Jun 21, 11

Read in November, 2010

When I was reading this book, I kept getting it tangled up in my head with the Shenandoah Series by Emilie Richards. There is something about this book and that series that will forever have me thinking that they are by the same author and take place in the same community.

That is not the case. I guess I am saying that if you like one of these series, by all means, check out the other.

In response to an advertisement for a mid-wife / nurse practitioner for a very small community, Melinda Monroe leave her empty life behind and grabs at the chance to move on. Little did she know at the time, but life was going to slap her right in the face and if she was strong enough she would make it in this backwoods town - but only if she was willing to stand up to the local doctor that didn’t want her, a band of gypsies, impatient babies that want to be born and impassable muddy road.

I guess you could call this a pseudo-romance. There is of course a love interest, since that seems to be what every woman needs to get her life back on track, but it is also a community saga. There are babies galore, all sorts of people in need and a woman at the heart of it that has found an area to call home.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Virgin River.