David's Reviews > Dealing with Dragons

M 50x66
Nov 10, 10

bookshelves: completed
Read from November 08 to 10, 2010

thus far, I've enjoyed this one. It appears to be written for younger readers, but I am finding it to have a good deal of humor thus far. We're introduced to Princess Cinemere, who finds the life of a princess to be boring. Growing up, her parents discover and stop her from taking fencing lessons, magic lessons,cooking lessons, Latin lessons, etc. all to force her into the proper mold so that she will be a princess. When an arranged marriage is on the horizon she has had enough and runs away-- where she finds herself living with a dragon named Kazul. Unlike the other princesses she has met, she is a hostage by choice-- choosing to live as a servant to the dragon. When knights show up to rescue her she tells them to go away because she doesn't wish to be rescued.

A lot of humor thus far..

Okay, not that I have completed the book I will say that I enjoyed it. A lot of interesting concepts thrown into the mix-- Some fresh views of dragons and wizards --

If I had one complaint it would be that it moved too quickly. This was probably by design, not wishing to discouage younger readers.. but it just seemed to move too quickly to really be able to enjoy and savor the characters and the clever plot devices. Still, I will probably read others in this series, jsut because it was good, clean, fun.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dealing with Dragons.