Rva Booklover's Reviews > Entwined

Entwined by Elisabeth Naughton

Nov 08, 2010

Read in August, 2010

I was sucked in from the first paragraph, and read this in one sitting. Zander is exactly what I love in a hero. Uber Alpha, but with a vulnerability. He believes himself to be immortal, yet is tired of life. To avoid spoilers, I will only say he pledges himself to a responsibility none of his fellow Argonauts are willing to take on, which gives him a sense of purpose he has been lacking. Enter the conflict in the form of his soul mate, Callia.

Callia and Zander have terrific chemistry from word one. Their angst filled relationship is funny and heartbreaking. Ms Naughton conveys their longing for each other and their belief that nothing can ever come of it in a convincing way. My heart hurt for both of them. They each take their respective responsibilities very seriously, to the detriment of ever being together. You have to admire their willingness to do the right thing, for the right reasons.

I liked Entwined even more than I did Marked, which I liked a lot. Callia and Zander just zinged off the pages and touched me in ways Theron and Casey did not. The secondary characters in both books are intriguing, and I can't wait to see how the story plays out. Ms. Naughton has created a fascinating world. I have been a fan of hers since the first "Stolen" book, all of which are outstanding. I will wait anxiously for the next Eternal Guardians book!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Entwined.