Dolly's Reviews > The Celery Stalks at Midnight

The Celery Stalks at Midnight by James Howe

1019021
Mar 28, 11

bookshelves: 2011, childrens, pets, scifi-fantasy-mythology, other-usa, mystery, middle-grade
Recommended for: parents reading with their children
Read from March 24 to 27, 2011, read count: 1

I have the most remarkable coincidences in my reading selections and it never ceases to amaze me when it happens. Like, for example, today, when I am reading this book with our girls and Chester makes reference to Thoreau. "It's...it's natural, organic, back-to-the-earth. Thoreau would have been proud of you." I just happened to recently pick up Walden again (for the third or fourth time) and am making an earnest attempt at finishing it...finally! So, it's the little things like this that make me wonder how truly random my choices are. But enough of my digressions.

Our girls love the Bunnicula series by James Howe. We are slowly making our way through the series, and the wry humor and funny horror keep us coming back for more. The story is funny and engaging and our girls kept asking for me to read more. I loved the part about Snowball.

interesting quote:
"There's something about a leisurely walk in the country, regardless of the circumstances, that invigorates the soul and reminds one that the simple pleasures are the best." (p. 77)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Celery Stalks at Midnight.

03/27/2011 page 88