Susi's Reviews > Alien in the Family

Alien in the Family by Gini Koch

Apr 04, 11

bookshelves: 2011, 2011-03, science-fiction, romance
Read from March 09 to 16, 2011

Be warned this review is definitely spoiling book 1 and 2.

Alien in the Family was probably one if the most anticipated books of 2011 for me. I love this series so much- the mix of fun, wit, action and sexy times is just irresistible for me. And this newest addition didn't disappoint. We see all those lovely characters we welcomed into our heart, again. This book just fits or we could even say it's our usual AC routine.*wink*

Kitty and Martini are wonderful as always. They are happily engaged and are nearing the end of the wedding preparations. Kitty is as witty and clever as always but we see more of her softer side. She's still a strong and opinionated but there are some moments were even she is unsure. I loved how she often heard what her heart told her- I'm a real lover of impulse decisions. Martini is so much in love- he really steals my heart every time he enters the scene. He's strong and a leader but from time to time his unsureness shows. it made me want to hug him until he feels better. Both get an extra depth in this book-there are some rough decisions to make and both have to be strong and have to believe in each other.

We also still have the wonderful side cast. Reader is still every girl's wet dream even though he is still gay. Dammit! He gets a more of a center role in Alien in the Family and that made me more than happy. I loved to see him in commander mode- it really suits him but I love his teasing self a tiny bit more.
Than there is Chuckie. I don't know why but in the first book Chuckie always embodied the "best friend" type for me but he is gradually getting more and more one of the hot guys. He shows a bit more of his emotional side in this one and I really liked that he not that opposing any longer. Makes him way more likable and I really hope that he perhaps might get his own Dazzler at some point (hint for Gini).
We also meet some very awesome new side characters in this one. Can't tell you much about these besides that you will love them. But I will tell you that I want a poof of my own. But now my lips are sealed- I swear.

The plot is as always fast-paced and engaging. You will curse yourself that you can't read faster and sit on the edge of seat, bite your nails and really hope you won't drop your book while doing it. I was so surprised how everything turned out and even more when I saw what the last part of the book was all about. *huge happy grin from ear to ear*

This book surprised me so much- I know I'm saying this way too often but Ms Koch really does things that aren't usually done in this genre and I love her even more for doing it. It's not like any other science fiction book you will ever read.

Alien in the Family is full of funny action, romance, emotion and so much more. It will make you squee and perhaps even wet your eyes at times. I loved every second of it. It's a thrilling ride you won't forget. So to sum it all up: Alien in the Family will rock your socks of.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alien in the Family.

03/11/2011 page 253
56.0% "I love it even though I don't want that family LOL"
03/16/2011 page 448
100.0% "So much love! *happy sigh*"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Caroline The HEA Lover squeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Susi Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!
*hugs the pretty book*

Blodeuedd Finland squeeeee!

Susi I'm so excited. It'S like Xmas. *g*

Colette So incredibly jealous.

Susi Release day is nearly here sweety ((hug))

Colette I know, I'll just have to read vicariously through you. Be sure to have lots of Martini updates for me. :)

Stella Oh my I am so so jealous Susi!! :-D I have Martini (and Christopher ;-p) withdrawal symptoms! lol

Enjoy and I can't wait to finally be able to read it!! woohoo!! squeee :-D

Susi I really love it so far. Martini and tghe other guys are squeeeeeeeee.....god I love it. *g*

Katie(babs) Me can't squee since me no haz *KB pout*

Stella Susi wrote: "I really love it so far. Martini and tghe other guys are squeeeeeeeee.....god I love it. *g*"

so jealously pouting here :-(

Colette Yay! Glad to here they are still squee worthy!! Susi wrote: "I really love it so far. Martini and tghe other guys are squeeeeeeeee.....god I love it. *g*"

ALPHAreader I love poofs.
LOL! That sounds so wrong out of context....

Stella Grr, you are a very cruel woman Danielle for torturing me when I still have absolutely no idea what/who poofs are..though they have a cute name :-) lol

message 15: by Susi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susi Me too! They are awesome. And so purrfect! ;)

Stella Grr evil, evil women!! *sticks tongue out* ;-p

message 17: by Susi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susi ((hugs)) I love ya too!

Stella ROFL, you too Susi! *hugs back at ya!* :-D

message 19: by Ren (new) - added it

Ren Great review Susi! ;D

Owww, I want my own Martini with his Armaniiiiii ..... *LOL*

message 20: by Susi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susi Thanks hon! And you will love them I know it.