Larissa's Reviews > The Iron Knight

Oct 23, 11

bookshelves: arc, to-review, netgalley
Read from October 13 to 17, 2011

Previously Published on my blog: Welcome to Larissa's Bookish Life

*Contains MINOR Spoilers for the previous books in the series!

Fantastic! That’s the best word I can find to describe how incredible this finale to the Iron Fey series is. Julie has done such an amazing job in finishing up this excellent series with Ash’s story.

"My fall began, as many stories do, with a girl."

When I started reading this series, I completely fell in love with Ash and Puck, but in two different ways. I loved Puck as an awesome character, but I LOVED Ash as the perfect leading man for Meghan.

"... it means putting up with my fiercest and most annoying rival, Robin Goodfellow, who - despite all his attempts to hide it - is in love with my queen as well. I don't know why I haven't killed him yet. Maybe because Puck is Meghan's closest friend and she would mourn him terribly if he were gone (though I can't imagine why)."

However, even though I loved him since day one, I was utterly aware that he was a work in progress and there was a lot of road for him to cover before he and Meghan could get their Happily Ever After (HEA).

Iron King, Iron Daughter and Iron Queen have showed him doing just that and we’ve seen that growth through Meghan’s eyes so far, but is in The Iron Knight that we get full scope of this awesome character and finally see him become the man he was meant to be!

The world Julie Kagawa has created is wonderful and I was so happy to find myself in it once again. I love how rich it is and how much depth she can give even the smallest characters, making them all memorable in my eyes. From Grim, to the wolf and to the twists and turns we get along the way.

I cannot forget to mention Puck. I have never seen him as the leading man, but he is very special in his own way and he grows just as much as Ash grows in this book I believe, but of course following a different path.

"You don't think I regret what I did, every single day? You lost Ariella, but I lost you both! Believe it or not, I was kind of a mess too, Ash. It got to a point where I actually looked forward to our random duels, because that was the only time I could talk to you. When you were freaking trying to kill me!"

The Iron Knight is FANTASTIC and definitely a MUST read to any fan of the series or Paranormal YA fan. It has an incredible fantastical world, compelling and lovable characters and a story that will make your heart palpitate at every turn. What more could you as k for?
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Knight.

Quotes Larissa Liked

Julie Kagawa
“Does a crow become a salmon simply because it wished to? You do not know the first thing about mortality, prince-who-is-not. Why would you want to become like them?"
"Because," Grimalkin answered before I could say anything, "he is in love."
"Ahhh." The Witch looked at me and shook her head. "I see. Poor creature. Then you will not hear a word I have to say"

I was in love. With a human.
I smiled bitterly at the thought. The old Ash, if faced with such a suggestion, would've either laughed scornfully or removed the offender's head from his neck.”
Julie Kagawa, The Iron Knight

10/13/2011 page 131
10/16/2011 page 386
100.0% "Awesome book! LOVE Ash! <3 Puck! Sad its over! Review coming soon! =D"