JoLee's Reviews > Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Jan 10, 16

bookshelves: 2011, young-adult, paper
Read in January, 2011

Featured in "Reading on a Theme: Study Abroad" on Intellectual Recreation.

In Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins Anna Oliphant's father sends her to the School of America in Paris for her senior year of high school, and she is not happy about it. She does not want to leave her friends, her mother and brother, and her life in Atlanta. But who couldn't be won over by Paris, especially when there is a perfect boy there?

This book was on the top of many "best of 2010" lists, and that's because it is so utterly charming. I loved Anna. She is so normal. I would like to be her friend. And I loved St. Clair. (Whose first name, Étienne, is my favorite French name! Yes, I have a favorite French name. Have had since high school French class. I know. I am a little odd.) And did I mention Paris? The chemistry between Anna and St. Clair is perfect. Their banter is fun, flirty, and witty. This is a really fun story about friends, friendship, love, and courage. It's a book that I want to reread right now, and I just finished it.

P.S. The 5 stars is reflective not of the book's earth-shattering literary merit, but of how thoroughly I enjoyed it(read: silly grin, muffled giggles, and late night reading).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anna and the French Kiss.