iamjenai's Reviews > Let's Do Lunch: Eating All the Calories and Carbs You Want to Lose Weight!

Let's Do Lunch by Roger Troy Wilson

Nov 07, 10

Read in October, 2010

Let's Do Lunch is a motivational book that talks about a unique weight loss program - "eat until you're full and still lose weight". The book is published by Thomas Nelson publishers.

The author, Roger Troy Wilson was a former obese man who was embarrased by his body that he tried every weight loss program but didn't get lucky enough to achieve his goal of keeping in shape.

The story of an obese man who lost hundreds of pounds made me curious and decided to read more. The book is about a unique weight loss program that he actually accidentally discovered with the help of his wife. This book will help you understand your body and the food you eat. It also has simple and delicious recipes and tips on how to eat out. There is also a 14-day meal guide here. One thing I liked in this book was how he got rid of cravings for sweets and the secret was frozen grapes!

Right now, after trying the program for a month, I can say that my cravings for sweets and any food that I can chew when I'm not doing anything, they are almost gone. Instead of eating sweets like chocolates (eat-all-you-can on weekends) now we are eating frozen grapes which really are yummy and this made me feel less heavier than before.

The book is very easy to read and understand. This is not only for those obese/fat people, it's also for those who just wanted to keep in shape/stay in shape. I'm not fat but I wanted to get rid of those pounds I got after giving birth, so maybe 10lbs is enough (last time I checked, lost 2lbs).
The only problem I had in this book was that I couldn't follow the grocery list because either I couldn't find them or they're expensive and it requires me to spend more hours in the grocery. Other than that, the book is good and it's worth buying.

Note: I read that all the proceeds from the book are going to charity.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a review copy of this book free from BookSneeze through the book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let's Do Lunch.