Ival Crisp's Reviews > Dark Fire

Dark Fire by Chris d'Lacey

Nov 13, 11

The fifth installment of the Last Dragon Chronicles is assuredly the most action packed so far. There were quite a few events in this book left me excited, yet thoughtful. I find that Chris D'Lacey incorporates his rich stories with fantastical and sometimes mind-boggling ideas which give his overall writing style a unique twist. Indeed, Dark Fire is a perfect example of such.

Throughout the book, the plot of the series is obviously escalating, almost hinting at an extreme future climax. The excitement is almost tangible. For those who are not offended by spoilers; the most striking or riveting event for me in the entire book would be when the dragon Gawaine (yes it's spelled with an e) was wakened by Lucy. This was intriguing, especially when the dragon's urine was added to the mix. Don't let this turn you down, the inclusion of such topics actually makes the book delightfully witty.

Overall, Dark Fire has definitely been the best of The Last Dragon Chronicles so far. D'Lacey's writing just keeps getting better and better. He knows how to appeal to his audience, even while writing about confusing topics such as Dark Matter and the mechanics of physics. I also appreciate the fact that he is trying to instill a sense off environmental awareness in his readers. Truly, any fan of Chris D'Lacey will not be let down in the slightest by the stunning content just waiting to be read in Dark Fire. A fabulous author's ingenuity has expressed itself once again. I must say, bravo Chris D'Lacey!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Fire.