Katieb (MundieMoms)'s Reviews > Lunarmorte

Lunarmorte by Samantha Young

Nov 08, 10

bookshelves: 2010-100-book-challenge, books-i-own, mundie-moms-review, signed, debut-author-challenge
Read from November 07 to 08, 2010

Lunarmorte is a fantastic debut book, that is rich in detail and rooted in ancient greek mythology. It was so fascinating to read, and I'm not sure which hooked me more, the history of the story or the story itself. The characters were easy to relate to and I completely fell in love with them. I loved Samantha's unique spin with her character's paranormal gifts, as she threw together a great mix with lykans, witches, faeries, and vampyres.

I absolutely loved Lunarmorte's wolves. I really enjoyed feeling apart of their world and getting to know the pack members and seeing their dynamics through seventeen year old Caia. Hidden and protected for the last ten years, Caia is just now returning to her pack. I liked how realistic her transition was, and finding out what secrets the pack has kept from her, and I felt the various emotions she went through in finding out more about her family and the history of her pack. Caia is a wonderful character and she had me laughing out a loud with her wit and sarcasm. She really grew the most, as she starts off shy and a little naive, but quickly grows into a strong, independent character as she learns more about who she is and how to use her powers. I was most fascinated with Caia's "hidden" power. I won't say what that is, to keep this review spoiler free, but Samantha Young knows how to through in some wonderful twists, making her paranormal book truly unique.

The setting is perfect and one I really enjoyed, as it's set in the middle of the woods and completely fitting for a pack of wolves. I really enjoyed the interaction with the wolves in both their human form and their wolf form. Let me just say, there is some great chemistry between Caia and her pack's leader/her guardian, Lucien. Their relationship is full of twists and turns, and one I liked watching evolve. Samantha did a nice job at sneaking in a little steamy scene into the story when I least excepted.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next for Caia, Lucien and the pack and what kind of war will be ragged in the next book in the series. With a fascinating history and mythology at it's core, wrapped up with some great chemistry, throw in some romance that will leave you wanting more, and topped off with some great action, Lunarmorte is one book I will read again and highly recommend. This is a great read for 14 years and older, and definitely has adult appeal, as the main characters are in their late teens and early twenties.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lunarmorte.

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather McCorkle Oh wow, this sounds great! I love greek mythology and that cover is really haunting. I'm adding it to my list! Thanks.

Katieb (MundieMoms) Heather, I LOVE this cover!! If you love greek mythology, you'll love how Sam weaved it into her story. It's a fantastic read.