Lavinia's Reviews > Steaua fără nume

Steaua fără nume by Mihail Sebastian

Nov 07, 10

bookshelves: 2010, plays, ro
Read in November, 2010

Nu stiu cum se scrie dramaturgia azi, dar stiu sigur ca Sebastian si-a scris piesele de teatru cu scopul definit de a fi jucate, ceea ce s-a si intimplat. Nu de putine ori, stia clar cine ar vrea sa joace cutare sau cutare personaj, si scria rolul special pentru el/ea. Si mai stiu ca scria teatru (si) pentru ca avea nevoie de bani, pentru ca piesele si traducerile din dramaturgie aduceau un cistig relativ rapid.

Un pic din istoria piesei: in 1944, din cauza regimului Antonescu, numele lui Sebastian nu putea fi trecut pe afis, munca unui evreu putea avea repercusiuni uriase asupra tuturor celor implicati, asa ca s-a recurs la folosirea numelui lui Stefan Enescu, sotul unei actrite. Piesa s-a montat in acelasi an la doua teatre bucurestene diferite, cu un succes extraordinar, ceea ce, sa fim sinceri, nu e putin lucru.

Daca ai citit Accidentul, simti ca piesa ii apartine (si poate ca si sus-pusii vremii au simtit-o!), are ceva din atmosfera primei parti, a intilnirii dintre Nora si Paul . Nu m-a cucerit pe de-a-ntregul, recunosc, insa mi-a placut finalul (prea liric, totusi) - imposibilitatea depasirii conditiei, eterna acceptare a faptului ca nu-ti poti schimba destinul, desi, cu putin efort, Mona ar fi putut avea un final fericit diferit, insa miza piesei ar fi fost total compromisa.

Ca fapt divers, domnisoara Cucu mi s-a parut un personaj aproape mai interesant decit Mona. Cu siguranta cu mult mai mult umor. Caci piesa e catalogata drept comedie.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Steaua fără nume.

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 4: by Jana (new)

Jana How are you with Italian and Spanish? Anyway, Romanian sounds beautiful.

message 3: by Lavinia (last edited Nov 07, 2010 11:27PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lavinia I like Italian and I studied it a bit on my own, I understand a great deal of it but never really practised, except for short, useful phrases while visiting Italy. I also understand Spanish a bit, due to our common Latin background, but that's all.

Romanian is beautiful and quite rich as a language; beyond the Latin roots, there are a lot of other influences, like Slavic, Hungarian, Turkish, Greek or even German. That doesn't make things easy for those who want to learn it as a foreign language.

Anyway, sorry for the long reviews in Romanian, I'll try to write short ones in English as well, in the future.

message 2: by Jana (new)

Jana No no, I don't mind your review. It was just strange to read Romanian and to actually discover how Latin it sounds. Croatian is awfully difficult as well, it's because there are 7 cases (singular/plural+gender) for all nouns, pronouns and adjectives. I was teaching Croatian for foreigners and it was so difficult for people to understand the complexity of this language. Verbs are screwed up as well, but declension is a horror. Plus all the letters: ć, č, š, ž, đ, dž, lj, nj. Big confusion all together :)

We as well have big influences from Turkey and Germany, and although it's a Slavic language, but except Serbian, Slovenian and Bosnian (which are more less the same) I can't understand anybody from this group.

Concerning English, although I make mistakes all the time, I still think it's the easiest foreign language to learn, to start with. Then Italian and Spanish. I don't get along very well with French and Portuguese and had an awful German professor in high-school so she kind of ruined it for me. Anyway, love languages. :)

message 1: by Lavinia (last edited Nov 08, 2010 07:07AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lavinia Apparently, the two languages have a lot in common: diacritic marks (ă î â ș ț), endless verbal tenses, declensions, and to top that, a third gender, the neuter - for things, generally.