TJ's Reviews > Stolen

Stolen by Kelley Armstrong

Mar 24, 11

bookshelves: contemporary, paranormal, romantic-suspense

3.5/5.0

"Stolen" continues the story of Elena Michaels, a young woman turned werewolf, where the book, "Bitten" left off. The relationships between Elena and her pack, especially Clay are just as real and engaging as in the former book. Ms. Armstrong shows an amazing gift in painting life as it would be as a half human/half werewolf with incredible depth and understanding. The downside in this book is the inordinate amount and graphic nature of the violence. It's not the generic "they killed the man" type or even the "they blew up the building with everyone in it" type. It is the personal description of each kill with graphic imagery used repeatedly with relish that just isn't my cup of tea.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stolen.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant Hi Tam, was the violence enough to overpower what you had liked about the series in the first book? Are you going to continue with the series?

message 2: by TJ (new) - rated it 3 stars

TJ I don't think I will continue the series, at least for now. Partly because the next books focus on witches and demons rather than wolves, partly because I did feel the violence was a little too much, too graphic and too personal (one on one with characters you know) for my taste. It was decidedly more than in the first book.

message 3: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant That's too bad :(

Mind you, for every UF/PNR/YA series like this that you don't like, there are about 500 waiting to pop into place behind them. ;)

message 4: by TJ (new) - rated it 3 stars

TJ Do you like that genre?

message 5: by Tammy (last edited Feb 03, 2011 05:49PM) (new)

Tammy Walton Grant Not really -- well, I should say I like me a vampire as much as the next girl, but the sheer proliferation (there's my big word for day, lol) of these types of series just wakes up my Snarky Troll. I think I'm pretty picky about which ones I will try.