Darcy's Reviews > Over the Edge

Over the Edge by Suzanne Brockmann

Dec 13, 10

bookshelves: 2010, audio-book, private-security-investigator, romance
Read from December 11 to 13, 2010

I was so happy to get my hands on this book, as these are so much fun to read, or in this case, listen to.

There was so much going on in this book it is hard to know where to start. The whole hijacked plane was so bad. I really liked Gina, was so proud of her for what she did, and wondered if I would have done the same. Then as the story went on I was just like Max and so very worried for her and it turns out I needed to be. What happened after that really made me like her even more.

I was happy to see Sam and Alyssa together again too. Those 2 have such a contentious relationship that even when they fight it is fun to see because they just love to push each others buttons. I did like how finally they talked, something they should have done a long time ago. But what happened to them in the end just about broke my heart. I don't know that I want to know what will happen with them next.

Stan and Teri fun, both of them so buttoned up with their own issues, that they couldn't see that they were perfect for each other. Stan never lets anyone in, he needs to keep himself separate, but Teri just seems to sneak in under his defenses. Teri has issues from her past that makes her freeze up when men hit on her, Stan witnesses this and it seems like he has decided that this woman he has a crush on, he needs to help. The back and forth with them was both fun and frustrating as it did get old really fast. I did like how Teri finally just took things into her own hands and told him what for in an interesting way.

I love to hear storied about WWII, so the parallel story line with Stan's family, that intersected with the hijacked plane was interesting.

I am glad that I have the next book here and ready to go, so I can get some answers to things that happened in this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Over the Edge.

12/11/2010
30.0% "In the middle of disc 4"
12/12/2010
60.0% "In the middle of disc 8"