Ariana's Reviews > Shadow Tag

Shadow Tag by Louise Erdrich

F 50x66
Nov 06, 10

** spoiler alert ** Hard to say exactly what I think about this novel. I love pretty much everything Erdrich has written, and this is another well written story with strong character development, beautiful writing and an suspenseful plot. However, you can kind of tell from the start that this family is headed to nowhere good, and because the children are so aptly drawn it was like I knew it would be heartbreaking so didn't allow myself to get to close to them or something. It felt like I read it quickly while holding my breath--it was like I was sucked in and had to know what happened, but knew it was going to be truly awful so just tried to go really fast. I guess the saying "like watching a car wreck" comes to mind. And the ending should be devastating but yet because I had been kind of rushing out of fear I didn't quite feel it. It almost didn't seem real, it was too much. Maybe that is what she wanted to do. Let's just say I wouldn't recommend it for the faint of heart, or if you are looking for a pick me up, but it is an interesting story.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Tag.